Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas Gifts Done my Way

Whenever I think of what I can bring to someone's house there isn't usually any question as to what I end up choosing. I always try to think of what I can make (usually cookies), or at special occasions what I can bake (usually cake or cake pops), and whenever there's a birthday I always try to make the card... I know, it's exhausting for me too. At Christmas though, it's always easy to know what to bring. Here were a couple examples of some of those little treats I brought along with me to some occasions:

 These are what I brought to my Music Director for the holidays. I dipped the truffles in the blue chocolate just to match the box. This fortuitously gave me the opportunity to use some more of my new, awesome sprinkles! 

*****

 For the first time in years I made mince pies (nothing to do with meat, it's a fruit filling). These are incredibly popular in England, so I was happy to make them for a patient who is originally from England. These were my contribution when I went over to see him for a wee glass of sherry over the holidays. 

Many happy memories curling up in front of the fire at the Vicarage, with a glass of mulled wine and a minced pie, all toasty warm... good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment