Tuesday 10 January 2012

When Life Hand you Lemons... Make Cake!

My boyfriend's family were quite taken with my truffle cakes when I brought some over at Christmas. So much so that they placed an order for a box! They had some specifications, though: The guest they were having over and were going to serve these two was a dark-chocoholic. "The more bitter, the better" I was told. No problem. The other request was for lemon flavour in some way. Again, I thought no problem I make a lemon cake. So this is what I came up with...

All the chocolate is 65% cacao solids, so very bitter. The different flavours are as follows:
(Top row, left to right) Chocolate cake dipped in plain dark chocolate with dark chocolate shavings on top. Second is lemon cake dipped in plain dark chocolate with candied lemon peel on top. Third, we have lemon cake dipped in lemon flavoured dark chocolate with a yellow chocolate swirl. And lastly, chocolate cake dipped in lemon flavoured dark chocolate with gold sugar sprinkled on top. These are definitely more "gourmet" than others I have made, but they were fun to make and just go to show that what ever flavours or designs you want you can put together with chocolate and cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment