Friday 27 January 2012

Engagement Celebration

Recently, my little circle of friends celebrated the engagement of two of our own! This weekend, we're having a little soiree to celebrate this fact by having a nice meal and playing the Game of Life (ironically). Naturally a gathering of people requires certain sweet offerings which I happily brought. Plus, I know my friends are willing guinea pigs for a new flavour combination I wanted to try out.
These are a nod to strawberries dipped in chocolate. The chocolate cake centers have been flavoured with strawberry essence. I didn't flavour the chocolate, not wanting to have the truffles turn down the strawberry jell-o flavour route. I dipped half the truffles in milk chocolate and the other half in dark chocolate. For that added extra flourish, I fashioned edible rings on top, using yellow chocolate, fondant and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment