Sunday 30 November 2014

Grey Cup Party!!!

I will confess, I know nothing about football, Canadian or American. (To my credit, at least I know there should be difference!!) For this order of pops for a Grey Cup party, I had to do a lot of self-educating in order to get it right. First of all, I had to actually pay attention to the standings to figure out who would be involved in the finals. This way I could design a pop based on team colours. I also made a stand to go with the pops which I fashioned based on a Canadian football field. Although I will quickly say I know nothing about CFL I figured there would be people at this party that did know a thing or two so I had to do my research and get it right. I needed to get the centre line right, as well as the goal posts and other of these details that distinguish the two types of football field . Thanks to Patrick and Google, I managed it!
When it came down the final, the Hamilton Tycats were going up against the Calgary Stampeders, so at least the colours were easy enough.

As best I could with my glue gun, ribbons, and paint, I made a CFL field to house the pops.


 And yes, of course I made goal posts...

 ...it would have just looked silly without them. 

 The pops were designed to look the team's pom-poms using their team-colours.

 Bring it on...

No comments:

Post a Comment