Sunday 8 May 2016

Sweet Roses for Sweet Mums

Mother's Day is yet again upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with cake! We had the family over to our house so I made simple cupcakes but decorated them with lovely little rose-buds and leaves. A few years ago I made Rose pops for our Mothers and two years ago our Mother's Day celebration warranted a big cake, (apparently last year was low-key post-wedding, as I didn't make a Mother's Day dessert!!) but this year I was sharing the dessert responsibility with my Mother-in-Law, so cupcakes seemed more appropriate for the meal.

I had wanted them to be a surprise for our Mothers, but my Mum ended up watching me make them. Looking back on it now, it seems appropriate because of all the times I watched her baking and decorating cakes, and generally "helping" her in the kitchen.

 
 

Happy Mother's Day!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 Me with my Sister Catherine (I don't remember why we had our faces painted but it was Easter!)
You can see how much "help" we were actually providing... sorry Mum!
c. 1989

No comments:

Post a Comment