Saturday 23 March 2013

Workshop at Délices Delary Delights

After much planning, stressing, and fussing, today was the day for the workshop! Today, I looked out at 10 pairs of eyes all eagerly awaiting to learn how to make cake pops for the first time, or at the very least to try new designs. Despite all the challenges and learning curves that come with the first time you do something, I felt very proud of myself at the end of the day. Not only because there were 10 happy people leaving with beautiful bouquets of cake pops, but also because I proved to myself that I could do it! It gave me the chance to appreciate the experience I've gained over the past two years of making these little treats: all the times I've wondered if a design were possible and finding out that it was, all the times a design hasn't worked as I thought it would and I've worked through it, and all the times I've seen happy people with their cake pops. It's hard to roll all that into a 3-hour time block but hopefully I was able to be helpful and inspire these people to make more cake pops at home. So all the planning, stressing and the fussing was well worth it! The proof is most definitely in the eating!

Here are just a few glimpses of all the busy attendees and their busy teacher!

First, we must crumble our cake and mix with icing...

...then we can start forming balls of cake dough to dip... 

The pièce de resistance.... the Sheep!! Everyone got to have a go at making their own sheep, and we had a flock by the end.

  Everyone with their certificates! So proud!
They all looked so fantastic all displayed together!!

Photos courtesy of Délice Delary Delights

No comments:

Post a Comment