Sunday 19 April 2015

A Celebratory Meringue

With all the lead-up to our wedding (in less than a month!), it almost felt like we were better off ignoring our birthdays this year. Truth be told I kept forgetting about them. Still, I wanted to make a little treat for Patrick when we had a few friend over to celebrate.

I stayed away from the well-sampled vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet and instead made something completely new for me. Using a tool my Mother got me for Christmas this past year, I made filled lemon meringue cupcakes. These were lemon cupcakes, filled with a lemon curd (home made!) and topped with a meringue swirl. Apart from the curd being a tad on the salty side (which I will adjust for next time), I quite enjoyed them. They were fresh, and looked great on the cake plate. Definitely one to keep in mind for future birthdays.

The little wells were made using the tool Mum got for me. The perfect little receptacle for the lemony-goodness of the curd. 

With the home made curd, I dolloped a small amount in each well.

 And topped off with a swirl of meringue, which I then browned in the oven for a few minutes. Just like little individual cakey-pies!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment