Friday 20 December 2013

Art Deco Elegancy

Hurrah, another reference to my nostalgic sense of style! I recently got the chance to express my love for the Art Deco era through my little cake pops. My interest in this epoch goes back to 2001 when we had to, sadly divide my Grand Dad's estate. There were a few items that used to belong to my Grand Dad's first wife Grandma Isabelle included within his estate, and although I never met her as she died in 1979, I have a feeling that we would have had a similar style. When I first saw this particular piece, a Suzie Cooper coffee set, I was instantly drawn to it and from that point started looking into all sorts of 1920-30s items and styles.

Last week my friend told me about pops that he wanted to make for his wife where I might be able to express this interest. I asked him what sort of pops he had in mind for her,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        he gave me two details that were particularly helpful... first, her favourite colour, a shade of sea-foam green the her brides maid dresses were made in, and second that she was particularly fond of all things Art Deco. The first thing that popped into my head was "Suzie Cooper", then how exactly could I make a pop look like my coffee set...

This is what I came up with. Hopefully they Birthday girl enjoyed them, and that she had a wonderful birthday!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment