Saturday 30 November 2013

Edgewater Craft Fair, ed. 2013

Three years ago,  and with only four Christmas designs, I set up my table for the first time and hoped people would just come to my table let alone buy my cake pops! I had never made pops for birthday parties, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, or anything else, all I had was potential... Every now again I like to look back at what I've done to see where I can go in the future. As I have said, I get requests from people to make a specific design and I don't always know if I can do it or not until I try, a mentality I have applied to my whole business.

On top of the Christmas designs I made this year, I added four flavours of truffle boxes, a whole hoard of simple pops, a photo album full of a wide range of cakes I've made, and especially new this year was a big pot full of mini cake-truffles that was raffled off (Congratulations Lisa M, hope you enjoyed your lunch)!!

A labour of love they are, but a labour worth going through. I still get a kick when people say: "I've seen you here before!" or "I remember you from last year!" Hopefully I'll be back at Edgewater for Holiday of 2014....but let's just get through these ones first!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment