Saturday 4 February 2012

Happy Birthday Princess Laïla!

This month's theme has been definitely been "Princess" and "Pink". I've had three consecutive orders for six year old birthday parties, and for everyone I've been thinking of my own youngest niece who will also be turning six next month.
This latest one is actually going to the cousin of Hailey who received the pink cake a couple weeks ago. When Laïla's Mum and I were planning this cake, she told me it was a Princess themed party. Immediately, I thought of a tiara but didn't want to do the whole cake as a tiara and I'm not skilled enough yet to build an entire castle out of cake so I thought I'd split the difference; I built a Princess's tower surrounded by a moat and place a tiara next to it. All edible, no less! Watching it all come together; Spreading the green for the grass, building the tower, adding the writing, letting the vines "grow" over the tower, and adding little patches of moss, it turned into quite the fairy tale.
Happy Birthday Princess Laïla, hope you like your cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment