Thursday 29 August 2013

Another Lego Cake!

A few weeks ago, my friend asked if I would make a cake for her Son's birthday. She sent me a picture of what she had been thinking of- and (not because of the cake) I instantly thought of the website I often read called Cake Wrecks where the hilarious bloggers point out the spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and the losses of communication that "professional" bakers encounter. Luckily, I get to enjoy the hilarity of it all... often. However, seeing this photo made me think of all the postings where the bloggers say "this is the photo the baker received... and this is what they produced" and the baker's cake has nothing to do with the first photo.

Hopefully this one wont make it to that website! I had fun building the cake, as well as seeing the whole thing come together with the Lego pieces and the lettering. I haven't made many tiered cakes, but I certainly had fun making this one!

 Pre-stacking...
 

Stacked!

 Letters done.
 
 Lego head, tick!
 
 Result... one pretty cool cake for the birthday boy!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. An amazing cake, Sarah, with no Cake Wrecks in sight!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Casey!!! Always appreciated :)

      Delete