Saturday 17 August 2013

Another Big Cake

Not an order, not a commission, not a favour, but a present (with slightly ulterior motives) for two of my friends. Recently Patrick and I hosted some of our friends at our house and it just so happened that it was one of their birthday's. The week before that it had been his fiancée's birthday also so I couldn't avoid the opportunity to bake a cake for them!  Here's the ulterior motive part: I needed to test a recipe for an order at the end of the month, so this was also the perfect opportunity. Gladly my friends thought the cake was delicious as did I, and I felt it was firm enough too so I could stack the cake.

I felt a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered to make vanilla icing, so I used melted white chocolate and put it in one of my bottles to "write" the words.


Sprinkles!!!
 
By the way- I need to point out that this is my 100th blog posting!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment