Saturday, 17 August 2013

Another Big Cake

Not an order, not a commission, not a favour, but a present (with slightly ulterior motives) for two of my friends. Recently Patrick and I hosted some of our friends at our house and it just so happened that it was one of their birthday's. The week before that it had been his fianc√©e's birthday also so I couldn't avoid the opportunity to bake a cake for them!  Here's the ulterior motive part: I needed to test a recipe for an order at the end of the month, so this was also the perfect opportunity. Gladly my friends thought the cake was delicious as did I, and I felt it was firm enough too so I could stack the cake.

I felt a bit lazy and couldn't be bothered to make vanilla icing, so I used melted white chocolate and put it in one of my bottles to "write" the words.


Sprinkles!!!
 
By the way- I need to point out that this is my 100th blog posting!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment