Wednesday 30 January 2013

Stop and Smell the Roses

    I always wanted to try and make a bouquet of cake pops as I'm a very practical person and the idea of a consumable flower was very appealing; They're a flower and look pretty in a group but they're also a treat! I had hoped to take on this project last year but alas I wasn't able to. This year I got my chance to try and after testing out a couple petals, I finally got the knack and this is the end result. The whole flower is edible, except of course the stem and the leaf, they are artificial.

These ones I did in pink but they can be made into any rose colour. Red and white would be good options for Valentine's Day specifically. They can be ordered either by the dozen or individually. 

There is a full sized cake pop at the centre of each bloom.

All lovingly wrapped in fondant petals.

I placed mine in a goblet that acted as a short vase, and from the other side of the room the looked pretty real!

You can't help but smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment