Saturday 27 February 2016

Touch Down!!

 I will be the first to say that I don't know the first thing about football. My husband patiently explains the rules to me, and tells me what's going on in the game, and updates me with "why the guys stopped running that time" every time I ask. Nonetheless, I know that there are large groups of people who congregate around this sport, following it, wearing their team's jersey and invest whole days to watching one game at a time. It would seem only natural then, that someone who was well into football would prefer their birthday cake to reflect that; from grass and yard lines, right down to an actual football, these are the perfect decorations for a foot ball fan! Such was the case for these cupcakes, and the birthday boy who received them. Although I was just excited to use my grass tip to pipe grass, and pasta press to cut fondant, the context was lost on me due to my established lack of knowledge of football. But knowing that these details matter to someone else- that I get. And gives me enough inspiration to try to get it right!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment