Saturday 1 August 2015

It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's a Cake!!

It is a common occurrence to make the cakes for the siblings within a family. What I love to see in this instance are the differences among them, and how widely they differ from one another. For example, taking a look at my own childhood, my older sister was well into New Kids in the Block (the original, not the hybrid band with the Back Street Boys), whereas I was into fish and The Little Mermaid. You can just imagine the potential differences there.

With these particular cupcakes, I would like you to refer back to the posting I made about being Frozen in June (found HERE). Those cakes were for the sister of Mr. Superhero. Not that I would expect a little boy to necessarily choose frozen as their first choice, but still, vivre la difference!

The birthday boy's Mum showed me an image of what she was thinking of for his party, so I tried to match it as well as possible. She very kindly sent me photos of how the cupcakes looked when they were all set up at the party, and I thought they looked great! They matched the décor perfectly, and really added a piece to the table.

Hopefully the birthday boy was happy with them, and enjoyed his super party!
***

All the cupcakes were decorated with comic-book colours.

Then, they were all decked out with appropriate, hand-painted toppers.

Each one matched up with a colour.
 
Once they were all set up together, I loved how exciting they looked!





 
***
"Just wanted to thank you for the gorgeous job you did with Michael's cupcakes.
They were a total hit! 
I thought you would like to see a picture of the dessert table (...) thanks again"

 Photo courtesy of the client.
Photo courtesy of the client.

No comments:

Post a Comment