Friday 25 March 2016

Easter Sweets

I can always tell the shift in the season based on the colour of chocolate I'm using to dip cake pops. Christmas I go through a lot of red, green and white, and all the candy cane, gingerbread, and snowflake sprinkles. St. Valentine's Day I use up my red and white again, but this time I throw in pink and purple for added character, and now I use lots of little heart sprinkles, and red and pink nonpareils. Later on the year come the Autumn and Thanksgiving pops where I shift into yellow, orange, red (again...), and milk chocolate. I have the cutest little sprinkles that are autumnal leaves in seasonal colours, which I love using. Hallowe'en comes soon after where the black, purple, and lime green play a big part and all the really wicked Hallowe'en sprinkles I have that are shaped like skull and cross bones, witches, bats, and moons. But before the Autumn hews come out, I get to Easter where the decorations are distinctly pastel. Pale pink green and blue, yellow, and white, with all the cutest bunny-, chick-, and egg-shaped sprinkles and all manner of spring-coloured nonpareils. I am encouraged when it comes time to making my little Easter animals because it's one of those sure signs that Spring is springing!


Chicks

Sheep (my Mother's  favourite)
 

Bunnies
 
 
Hope you all have a Hoppy Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment